Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Loading the RV and a spice rack. 02-04-14

We have been putting stuff in the RV a little at a time. The real packing will happen on Sunday and Monday.
The plan is; Monday morning early I go get the CT scan and spend the rest of the day packing.  Tuesday morning I go see the doctor for the results. From the Dr’s we go home, get in the motor home and leave for Q.

Yesterday I worked on a little project that I have been thinking about for a while.
A few years ago I wanted to get an island for my kitchen. I did a lot of research and found that kitchen islands can be very expensive. They start around $500.00. That is more than I wanted to pay. 
I was looking at a Harbor Freight catalog and noticed that they had a wooden work bench for around $150.00. It looked perfect. It has 4 drawers and a shelf underneath for storage. I bought it and have used the bench for a few years now. The only problem is that the top collects stuff. Like the spices I use everyday and other food related items. This leaves me with a very small work area.
I decided that I needed a place to put all this stuff.

So, yesterday I built a spice rack.
I had some lengths of 1/8 x 1/2 inch steel so that is what I made the rack out of. It took about 4 hours to build and I think it will do the job nicely.

IMGP3617

Now I have a nice open work surface.

Okay that’s it for today.

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant! All this time I thought that your kitchen island was ...a kitchen island. How cool that it came from Harbor Freight. Thrifty and smart!

    ReplyDelete