Wednesday, February 22, 2012

02-22-12

Everybody’s gone for a few days.

Jo Ann, Dave, Junior, Missy, Mary Ann, Randy, Shirley and Bill all went to Laughlin for three days. Suzanne, Roy, Debbie and Mike went to Tucson. Becky and Dennis went to Goodyear. We stayed home because I didn’t want to trust the jeep all the way to Laughlin.

Yesterday, Patti and I went to Parker to pick up our meds and do some shopping at Wal-Mart. While we were there we stopped at an auto parts store and I bought a compression tester.

This morning I checked the compression on the jeep.

Number one cylinder = 130 psi, number two = 60 psi and the plug was sooty black, number three = 110 psi and number four = 140 psi. It is obvious that number two cylinder is the one with the major blow by. Number three is not up to par ether. What I don’t understand is the fact that the engine runs smooth and has plenty of power. Oh well, I will be rebuilding the engine in the jeep when we get home this spring.

We are going to Wellton AZ tomorrow to visit with Dianne and Wayne. It is Wayne’s birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment