Monday, January 17, 2011

01-17-11

Suzanne and Roy came by Saturday afternoon and asked if we were going on a ride Sunday. “Sure” I said. “Where do you want to go”?

Suzanne said that she would like to go to the Sand Dune park west of Quartzsite near the Colorado River; so around 10:30 Sunday morning, we left the RV park with the usual suspects


IMG_4859


and drove out Dome Rock Road to the end where we got onto the Pipeline Road.


IMG_4856


We followed it to the sand dunes,


IMG_4861

where we played in the sand for a little while.

The ATV drivers showed off a bit in a sand bowl.

 

Even though I don’t usually like to drive in sand because it gets into everything and is very destructive, I had to show them that Jeeps could play this game too so I took a turn through the bowl.


IMG_4863

I would have been very embarrassed if I had gotten stuck but I with the tire pressure down to 20 psi. I figured it would work out okay and it did.

We only played there for a short time and then headed for the Colorado River where we stopped for lunch.


IMG_4865


After lunch we drove south along the river until we came to the power lines. We got on the Power Line Road and followed it back to Quartzsite.


IMG_4867


IMG_4870

Patti and I  hadn’t taken anything out of the freezer for supper so we asked the group if they wanted to go The Grubstake Cafe “Grubbies” for dinner.  Junior was in a hurry to get home to watch a football game so the rest of us went to Grubbies.

It was another fun day in the desert.

No comments:

Post a Comment