The day after we got home I decided to check out the jeep to see what kind of damage was done.
I’m glad that the guys at 4wheel Parts convinced me to have the heavier duty steering and track bar installed in the jeep. They took a beating but didn’t bend.
In the picture you can see a lot of scrapes on the tie rod and the lower end of the track bar.
The Belly Pan.
The belly pan apparently took a really hard hit and is bent up pretty bad.
The rock guard on the passenger side paid for itself.
Other than those things, the under side of the jeep came out pretty good.
The Starting Problem.
I did some research on line and found that the problem was not uncommon. Most pointed to the switch as the culprit. Unfortunately the switch is kind of expensive, hard to find and a pain to change.
I decided to take the easy way out and installed a separate starter button. I picked up 12v from an unused fuse, ran it through a momentary pushbutton switch to the starter solenoid. I mounted the switch on the dash just in front of the ignition sw. Now it starts every time.
I’ll wash the jeep today.
On Monday we are going to get the RV out of storage and start getting ready for our Canada trip.
That’s all for today.