Monday, September 1, 2014

Computer stuff 09-01-14

 

I went over to Bob’s yesterday to try and  straightened out some issues with my new computer.

I thought it would only take a couple of hours but I didn’t get away from Bob’s until around 5:00.

We got most of the problems fixed but the downloading of windows 8.1 didn’t work for some reason. We will have to work on that problem at a later time.
It is a big download and my monthly allocation of data is down to 25 percent so I will have to wait until the 16th of the month when I will get a new allocation.

We did have a chance to take a couple of breaks while the computer was chewing on one program or another.
We walked over to Bob’s brother Tom’s garden.  
Tom grows organic vegetables for market and calls his small farm
“Armstrong Valley Farm”.

While we were there we ate some vine ripe strawberries. Yummm!!

I didn’t have a camera with me so if you want to see some pictures check out Bob’s blog at:

 http://www.bobseyes.net/

On another break we snagged a peach from one of Bob’s trees.

It’s a shame that the fruit that you buy in the store doesn’t taste as good as it does fresh from the tree. If it did I would definitely eat more fruit.

Getting ready to go to the cabin again.

Today, I am going to do some shopping and load the van for a trip to the cabin tomorrow.
I have to buy 300 feet of 1/2” irrigation pipe, 900 feet of “poly pipe” and some fittings for the new spring.
The project for the week is to get the new water system up and running.

I will be going up there tomorrow in the morning.
Dave is coming up on Wednesday and Patti will come up on Friday.
We will come home on Sunday so there won’t be any blog until at least Monday.

  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment