Tuesday, May 27, 2014

More van work 05-28-14

Okay, the last couple of days I have been working on the van.
I was packing the front wheels and greasing the Ball Joints. To grease the top ball joint, the front drive axel has to be removed. A plug on the ball joint has to be replaced with a grease fitting and then it can be greased. When done the fitting has to be replaced with the plug.
A whole lot of stuff has to be removed to pack the bearings.
I was going to take some pictures of the process but through out the operation my hands were covered with bearing grease and I didn’t want to get near the camera.

I am waiting on delivery of the steering parts. They are supposed to be here today. I hope they get here because I want to go up to the cabin for a few days. If the parts get here today; we will head for the cabin tomorrow.

I still haven’t heard from the drive line guy so I will call him today and see if  he had any luck putting the CV joint on the driveshaft.

Okay, since I don’t have any pictures from the work I have been doing here are a couple of pictures from this winter in Arizona.

DSCF5718

DSCF5735

DSCF5739

DSCF5791

Okay, that’s it for now.
If we go to the cabin I will talk to you when we get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment