Saturday, May 10, 2014

Van results and some random pictures 05-10-14

I picked up the van the other day and got a long list of things that need fixing. The thing that I was the most concerned with; the ball joints, are okay.

The rear drive shaft needs to be rebuilt. I have been thinking about trying to have a CV joint put on the rear driveshaft so this is a good chance to do so.

All the spring bushings are worn out. The passenger side front axel joint is bad and the front bearings need to be packed.
I will also have to replace the front tie rod (which is bent) and will have to rebuild the drag link, as both ends are bad. The output seal on the transfer case is leaking and will need to be replaced.

The plan is to go to the cabin next Tuesday. I will be there until the following Monday.  I will need the van to haul some stuff to the cabin; but when I get back the van will go up on blocks and I will be working on it for most of the summer.

I have been thinking that I have a lot of pictures that never make it to the blog.
With this in mind I am going to post random pictures on the blog when I have not been doing anything to take pictures of.
Some of the pictures will have captions but some won’t.

The Abajo mountains.

DSCF5931

Some where along the Elephant Hill trail.

DSCF6009

Canyonlands NP Needles District.

DSCF6015

DSCF6025

Long Canyon (Moab Utah)

DSCF6183

View of the La Sal mtns. 

DSCF6185

More of the La Sal Mountains in the distance.

DSCF6249

Playing on the slick rock.

DSCF6296

The Wedgie.

DSCF6363

Snow on the red rock.

DSCF6733

No comments:

Post a Comment