Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Snow in Moab 04-02-14

It started raining some time in the middle of the night and stopped around 5:00am. I got up around 7:00 and it was very quiet out side except for a steady dripping sound.
We planned to leave Moab this morning and I was eating my breakfast when Patti lifted the shade on the rear window. 
“Oh my, it’s snowing” she cried.
I looked out the window alongside the dinette and sure enough it was snowing fat fluffy flakes.

DSCF6731

Our route would take us through Monticello which is around 2000 feet higher. We decided not to take any chances and stay here for another night. This would give us a chance to get some nice pictures of the red rock country with a layer of snow.
Also the diversion valve on our shower wasn’t working. When we pull up on the button to divert water from the faucet to the shower head most of the water still comes out of the faucet. I decided I would take this opportunity to change the faucet.

Before we left the RV to go to town I took some pictures of the cliffs to the west of where we are staying.

DSCF6732  

DSCF6733

DSCF6734

Very pretty, no?

Eventually we got in the jeep which was also covered with snow

DSCF6728

and headed for town.

The further north we went the less snow we saw.
By the time we got to the RV supply store there was no snow at all and the snow that was on the jeep was gone.
It was kind of strange.
While I was in the RV store talking the lady she said that her grandfather who lives in Monticello told her that there was no snow at all up there.
Oh well we already paid for another night at the RV park.
I bought a new shower faucet and we headed back to the RV to install it.

We took a couple more pictures on the way home.

IMGP3839

IMGP3841

When we got home I installed the shower faucet but the connections weren’t long enough to make a water tight connection.
Back to town we go.
By now it was time for lunch so we stopped at Milts for a hot dog.

We went to the RV store and returned the faucet. They didn’t have anything that would work so we went to the City Market and I bought a bottle of white vinegar.
Back at the RV I soaked the old faucet in the vinegar for a couple of hours while Patti did laundry.  
In preparation for getting under way for leaving tomorrow, I dumped and flushed the black tank and swept the floor. When that was done I reinstalled the shower faucet. I tried it and it seemed to work fine. I guess that it was just clogged up with lime. We will see what happens when I am all soaped up tomorrow morning. I sure hope it works then.
 

We had a good Mexican dinner at La Hacienda.

No comments:

Post a Comment