Monday, April 21, 2014

Bamboo forest 04-21-14

When I walked into my backyard I found a bamboo forest in the making. There were nine giant lumber bamboo trees sprouting and several smaller types growing.
There are two neighbors adjacent to the north east corner of my yard. Both neighbors have bamboo growing in that corner. I have been fighting this bamboo for several years but every year there are more and more.

IMGP3870   

I cut the big ones down before I decided to take pictures. The big ones are about 3 to 4 inches in diameter at the base.

IMGP3869

I will use Round Up on the smaller ones.

I don’t know any way to stop the bamboo from coming back every year. They have established themselves and have a well developed root system. I have been digging up the roots but it doesn’t seem to help.

We almost have the RV unloaded and will put it in storage by the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment