Sunday, August 28, 2011

08-28-11

It has been a quiet week .

I spent some time and money at the hardware store buying fittings for the septic system at the camp. The jeep is loaded with barrels, pipe, pipe fittings, a screen for the front window of the cabin and my kayak.

IMG_6151

(More about the Kayak later).

On Wednesday, I went Kayaking with Bob and his brother Mike.

IMG_6147A

We put in at Guerneville and went up stream

IMG_6148A

to Korbel hole where we had lunch and paddled back to Guerneville. About 5 miles round trip. As usual it was a fine day on the river.

Yesterday, my daughter, Gabriella and Morgan, her husband came up to get our old Fol-Boat (a fabric covered two person kayak, that you can sail)

IMG_6155

We loved that old boat but it was time to pass it on to a new home and besides, we needed the space to store the new kayaks.

I’m heading back to IC tomorrow (Monday) and I won’t come home until Friday.

Bob is also going up tomorrow. We will likely work on the septic system tomorrow and Tuesday.

Dave will be up on Tuesday and stay until Thursday.

Wednesday, Bob and I are going Kayaking on ether the Noyo or the Navaro Rivers. It will probably depend on how much water is in the Navaro. Dave is nursing a sore back and declined the invite to go with us. I will call him again tonight to see if he might be feeling better and has maybe changed his mind. If so, I can throw the other boat on the jeep in the morning. Bob will be heading north after the kayak trip and I will go back to IC.

Anyway, that’s why the Kayak is on the jeep.

The rest of the week will probably be spent working on getting the toilette and septic system finished. Maybe I will get time to put the screen on the front window of the cabin.

Of course, I will have all the details and pictures in the next episode..

No comments:

Post a Comment