Saturday, October 14, 2017

Fires Are Still Burning.


Winds Increase Over Night.

Over night the wind came up with high gusts in the hills. The firefighters have been doing a great job of keeping a handle on the fire but even so the fire made some advances over night.

Looking at the smoke in the east from my front porch at 7:00 this morning. The wind is now out of the north east so the smoke is going south west. We can breath some clean air for a while.

IMG_8764


Evacuations.

This morning I heard on the radio that there are new mandatory evacuations to the east of us. 
My brother was evacuated this morning. He lives a couple miles east of us.

Still Okay.

We are packed and keeping an eye on things but we are still okay.

Cleaning Up.

There were a lot of dry leaves in the back yard so I decided that I should rake them up and get rid of them in case a hot ember happens to drop in on us.

IMG_8760

Okay, that is where we stand as of this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment