Saturday, September 23, 2017

Van Update and Going to the Cabin.


Throttle Position Sensor.

The acceleration issue in the van still exists although it isn’t as bad as it was originally. I had pretty much decided that the problem was the TPS and was all ready to just buy one and see if it would work.

Check it Once More.

I decide to check it out one more time and found that it was working within spec.
I reinstalled the TPS.

Throttle Linkage Problem.

The throttle was a little sticky at the low end so the engine would occasionally idle fast when coming to a stop. It turned out that the linkage was hanging up on the top of the master cylinder. I ended up making a couple minor changes in the way the linkage is connected and now the throttle linkage should works correctly.

Test Drive.

I took a little test drive to check out the throttle linkage and see if the van will accelerate.
The throttle linkage seemed to work good (no fast idle when I stop).

The acceleration issue is still inconclusive.  I will have to wait until I can get it out on the highway climbing some hills.

The Brake Master Cylinder.

When I got home I took a look at the master cylinder. It still leaks at the fitting.
The fitting is as tight as I can get it. I will have to make another brake line but that will have to wait until next year. I’m through working on the van for this year.

It’s Time to Start Thinking of Heading South.

We are heading south near the end of October this year. So it is time to get all the loose ends tied up and ready to go.

We only have a couple more doctor visits  and we will be all clear there.

We got the motor home out of the shop today so it is good to go. We put it in storage for now because we can’t have it in front of the house for a month.

Going to the Cabin.

Patti and I are going to the cabin on Sunday. We will be there until October 1st.  On October 2, 3 and 4th we will be at Dillon Beach with family.

I will do a post after we come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment