Sunday, September 10, 2017

A couple slow days and a New Project.


A Couple Slow Days.

I haven’t done a heck of a lot the last few days. I unloaded the van and noticed that the brake master cylinder on the van is leaking. That will have to be replaced but right now I am not going to use the van until next summer so I am going to just park it and replace the master later.

Preparing for Arizona.

It is getting close to time for us to go back to Arizona for the winter so it is time to concentrate on the motor home and the jeep. The motor home will go to the shop for servicing on Tuesday.

New Project.

I have been trying to figure out where to store the big farm jack that I carry in the jeep. I have decided to make a mount for it on the jack on the spare tire carrier. 

Here is the Jack and a piece of angle Iron that I will make the mount from.

IMGP1944 
I cut a 16” piece off the angle iron that I will use for the mount.

IMGP1945

I drilled two holes in the angle iron to put bolts through for the jack to mount to.

IMGP1946

I welded the bolt heads to the angle iron so they would stay in place.

IMGP1947

Next I will have to weld a piece of square tubing on the angle iron so it will go Into the square hole on top of the tire mount.

IMGP1948

The next thing I will have to do is weld two legs on the angle iron that will be welded also to the tire mount to steady the jack mount.

I will do that tomorrow.

Okay that’s it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment