Tuesday, July 12, 2011

07-12-11

Last Friday, my brother “Sonny”  called and wanted to know when I was going back up to the cabin as he would like to go with me for a couple days.

IMG_6031 

I needed to go up to get my van and bring it home for a while as all my tools are in the van and I have to build a rack for the jeep to carry our new kayaks and do some other repairs and projects at home.

We left Santa Rosa in the Jeep around noon on Saturday.The idea was that Sonny could drive the Jeep home while I drive the van. It only takes an hour and a half to get to the cabin from Santa Rosa. We spent the remainder our time up there just hanging out and visiting. It has been a very long time since I have had the chance to hangout with my brother just one on one. We had a great time reminiscing about our youth and all the hunting and fishing we used to do. We took a few walks and a jeep ride around the ranch. It was a good time. We left there around noon on Monday.

IMG_6033

I am looking forward to the next time Sonny can come up. I did warn him though that next time I will have to put him to work.

Unfortunately I forgot to bring the garbage home and that could be a problem if one of the bears in the area comes by and smells the garbage in the cabin. So, now I will just have to go back up there. Bummer! :o). I am taking my Grandson “Harvey” up there today around 10:00. We will spend the day and be home for supper.

No comments:

Post a Comment