Thursday, May 5, 2011

05-05-11

The shock absorbers that I ordered for the van came in and when I tried to install them, they wouldn’t fit so I returned them yesterday and ordered new ones.

When I got back to the house Patti mentioned that I hadn’t done any Kayaking since we got home. So since I couldn’t do the job that I planned for today, I called my friend Bob to see if he was into yaking. Of course I should have known that Bob is always ready to kayak.

I got to Bob’s around 12:30 and we were on the river by 1:30. it was a very pleasant day

IMG_5721

with a slight breeze and temperatures in the high 70’s. We launched at Monte Rio and went down stream a few of miles. The river was kind of quiet with very little wildlife. We did see a couple of Blue Herons,

IMG_5711b

IMG_5724

We stopped for lunch on a small beach, then headed back up stream.

IMG_5716

We noticed a large Osprey nest in a dead snag.

IMG_5717

And at one of the big holes we saw a lot of fish jumping. In a short time we discovered what was causing them to try and get out of the water. A pair of hunting seals was cruising the depths.

IMG_5719 

IMG_5718

We passed a house with a new solar array. I don’t know how they are going to do any maintenance on the panels as they are stuck right together. How are they going to clean them?

IMG_5714

As we paddled back up stream we saw a couple of turtles but they slid into the water just as I took the shot. 

IMG_5722

It was a good day on the river. I am glad that I finally took the time to go for a paddle.

No comments:

Post a Comment