Monday, September 20, 2010


Well, the cabin is pretty much done.

The only things left are the porch, the sink, a cabinet and some miscellaneous interior trim.
I bought a small air compressor at Harbor Freight and took it up to IC last Wednesday. With that and my Brad nailer, by Friday I had all the bats up, the rear windows trimmed on the outside and all the trim up on the screens. I was just putting the final touches on a system to keep stuff away from the screen by the kitchen counter,

when I saw a blue Chevy pickup driving into the flat.
I recognized the pickup as that belonging to my old friend "Swamp". It had been over a year and it was good to see him again.

Swamp got his stuff and moved in while I finished my project.
We spent the rest of the day visiting.

It was a damp, overcast morning Saturday. Swamp had brought his .45 caliber flint lock pistol up with him and wanted to do some shooting so we set a clay pigeon up against a stump and he blasted away at it for a while. Eventually he got things dialed in and began busting the birds.
the flint lock was having ignition problems because of the moisture in the air so after about an hour he gave it up.
Now, you may think that shooting for an hour would be a lot of shooting but actually we only fired about 10 rounds. The rest of the time was spent wiping moisture out of the pan, sharpening the flint, swabbing sludge from the bore, and reloading. It just proves that Muzzle loader shooting is a great way to pass the time.

The rest of the day, with Swamp's help, I got the last two big windows working.
With all the windows open the place looks like it wants to fly.
He also helped me cut a couple trees off the road up to the spring so now I am ready for Bob to come up to finish up the spring.

It rained Saturday night and continued through Sunday morning.
We left for home around 10:30.

I got home around noon and went to Harvey's football game around 2:30. They lost but it was a close game and Harvey was a key player again.

No comments:

Post a Comment