Tuesday, September 7, 2010

09-07-10

Okay, we are back from IC.
We got home around 6:00 last evening.
I arrived at IC around 2:30 last Monday.
Dave came up on Tuesday, worked on his platform until Thursday, and left Thursday morning. He and Joanne came back up on Sunday and Dave finished his platform but for one board which will have to be custom cut.
Patti came up Thursday afternoon and stayed until Monday. We both came home in her car. I left the van up there and will be going back in a couple days in the jeep.
The weather was very hot all week so we didn't get as much done as I would have liked but we did get all the windows screened and three of the main windows framed.



The windows will be hinged at the top and will be opened by a system of ropes and pulleys. I was not able to actually hang the windows because I bought the wrong hinges.
I had an old round table top in storage that I used to have in my front room as a coffee table. I took it up to the cabin and it fit perfect.



Today I am going to buy the proper hinges and a couple other parts and will be going back to IC by Thursday.
I don't know when I will be coming back to town and I don't know when I will publish the next blog so just keep checking back.

No comments:

Post a Comment