Friday, March 26, 2010

03-26-10

I kept telling them, "I'm to young to play shuffle board"!
They finally convinced me to try.
It's fun.
So now, I guess I'll be considered an old fart.

Yesterday, we took a ride with Missy, Junior, Suzanne and Roy.
We went back to Brenda, but this time instead of going south on Ramsey Mine road we went a little farther east and turned north on Perry lane. We went about a mile, where we found a spot to unload Roy's Rhino, then we continued north on the trail.



We followed several trails.

It was like being on a merry go round. You know, "around and around and up and down".
The views were nice.




We saw a Saguaro with an arrow through it.



It wasn't a real arrow but one that someone had put there, I guess for a laugh, or maybe to mark the trail.
Then, we saw some hugging Saguaro's.



There were a lot of cacti in bloom.



Here is a series of photos of Hedgehog cacti blooming.






And then there are the wild flowers.





We found a nice shady spot in a wash for lunch.



If it seams like we always have lunch in a wash. The reason for that is simple. When it is windy and cold the The washes are usually lower than the surrounding desert and the vegetation helps protect us from the wind. The largest trees are usually found in the washes and they can often provide the only shade on hot days.
The last trail we followed took us into a steep sided canyon (on the map I labeled it a box canyon but it isn't really). We had been in this same canyon in January.
See the blog for Jan. 17, 2010.
I tried something different on the way back. I followed the track on my GPS instead of just using dead reckoning. It worked pretty well and we got back to Roy's rig around 4:30.

It was another good ride but probably the last one for Missy and Junior for this year. They will be going back to Quebec Canada next week. We had a lot of fun with them and will miss them. I hope they will come back to Quartzsite next year.

Here is the map;

No comments:

Post a Comment