Sunday, February 25, 2018

Thursday 2/22, Friday 2/23, Saturday 2/24 and Sunday 2/25

There hasn’t been much going on the last few days. The weather has been on the cool side with overnight lows in the mid to hi 30’s and breezy. Day time temps have been in the low 60 with a cold north wind.

Thursday.

Thursday was cold and windy so we  didn’t do much during the day. Thursday evening we went to Dennis and Becky’s to play cards with the Wednesday jeep group.

Friday.

The last time I worked on the jeep, I noticed that two of the clips that hold the top of the air cleaner on were missing. They were both on one side so there was a slight gap between the top and the air box.
Therefore there is dust getting past the air cleaner and into the engine.
Not good!
I decided to go to Blythe to the Jeep dealer to see if I could by a couple of the clips.

Around 10:00 we headed for Blythe. It was very windy and we were pushed around a lot on the freeway. We made it to Blythe and went to Larry Green’s jeep parts.
I went in and asked if I could buy the clips that I needed. The parts guy looked it up on his computer and told me that I could buy the air box or the top of the air box or the hose that goes from the air cleaner to the engine but I couldn’t buy the clips.
@#$^&&W#%*!!! That sucks!!

So that it wouldn’t be a totally wasted trip we went to the Dollar Tree and spent $3.00 on a some items,
From the Dollar Tree we went to the A&R Bakery and Deli for lunch.
We both had the Turkey Sandwich on spiced Cranberry bread. It was yummy as usual.

We fought the wind all the way home and hid in the RV for the rest of the day.

Saturday.

Around 8:00, we went to the Times 3 Restaurant to have breakfast with Jo Ann and Dave, Doris and Jim.

When we got home I decided to see what I could do about the air cleaner in the jeep.

The clips that were missing were on the right side of the air box.
I managed to remove one of the clips on the left side without breaking anything and put it at the front on the right side. It looks like that will work.
Now there isn’t any gap to let the dust in. I will keep looking for some clips but this will work for now.

Sunday.

Today is chore day.
Patti is going to do laundry and I will do house work.
Our friend Bob is coming down to Quartzsite. I read in his blog that he is leaving home today so he will probably be here Monday evening or Tuesday.

Okay, that catches us up for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment