Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Jeep is Still Broken.


Getting the Part

I have had a lot of problems getting the right parts to put my jeep back together. Finally on Monday afternoon the part arrived.

This is the new part. It is twice as robust as the original. You would think that Jeep would build their vehicles as tough as possible but I guess the thicker steel would cost a few cents more than what they use.

IMG_1650

Welding the Part.

I don’t have my welding stuff down here so I have to get someone
else to do my welding. Dennis K, hooked me up with a guy that said he might weld the part on for me.

I had an appointment to get the part welded on between 9:00 and 11:00 Tuesday morning.

I hooked Dennis M’s trailer that the axel is sitting in to Dave’s  pickup and towed it to the welder’s shop. 
I was there at 9:30 and waited around for a while for the guy to show up. I got tired of standing round and went home for a while. Around 10:30 I went back to the welder’s and the guy was there and after about 30 minutes he had it welded up.

IMG_1651

I Need Help.

Now I need some muscle to get the axle under the jeep.
I talked to Jonnie and Frank and Denis to see if they could help on Wednesday but they hade planned a ride for Wednesday.
They will be here Thursday morning at 9:00

Easier at Home.

It’s frustrating to not have all my tools and shop down here. This would have been a whole lot easier and faster if I was home to work on it.

New Phone.

Patti’s old flip-phone finally had to be retired.
We went to Blythe the other day and upgraded her phone to a smart phone. She is working hard to figure out how to use it. One of the good things about the new phone is that it can be used as a  Wi-Fi hot spot with unlimited data.

Okay that’s all for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment