Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Puttering in the yard

 

Sunday:

In the morning I cut up the old Apple tree.

DSCF2805

It turned out to be full of termites.

DSCF2802

My sister Mary was having an open house art sale so in the afternoon Patti and I went to Petaluma to visit her.

DSCF2816

We had a nice visit for a couple hours while she showed her art to prospective customers.

Monday:

Puttered around in the backyard getting the site for the shed ready. We have changed my mind a couple times regarding exactly how the shed will sit on the site.

Tuesday:

Bought the 2X4’s for the frame for the foundation of the shed.

Later, I chopped up the bushes that I cut down the other day and managed to get them all in the yard waste barrel.

My niece Joanne came by for a visit in the afternoon.

I kind of laid out the 2X4’s where the shed will sit but I still have to find out what the legal set back (distance from the fence) is for a shed. The shed is 10’X10’ but the pad for the shed is 12’X12’. The frame is for the pad and will be filled with 3/4” drain shale.

IMGP5567  

I hope I will be able to move it back toward the fence a little more.

Okay that’s about it for now.
We will be going to the cabin for a week. I am going up on Friday morning. On Sunday, I will meet Patti at a Family Reunion at Lake Mendocino. From the party I will lead my brother-in-law Bobby, back to the cabin. We are going to try and get his RV to the cabin.
He says he thinks he can do it. I haven’t seen his RV so I can’t say what will happen. It aught to be interesting. I hope I remember to take pictures.

I probably won’t be posting for a week unless I have time Sunday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment