Friday, September 27, 2013

09-27-13

We did a little shopping yesterday morning. 

When we got home I went back to the tire carrier project.

I figured out where to mount the part that holds the tire.

I had to weld a plate in between the arms of the tire carrier to have something to weld the mount for the tire to.

IMGP3253 

I am using a 6” long piece of 3X3” square tubing

IMGP3254

with a 1/4” plate welded to it to mount the lug nuts on.

Below is the plate, marked but uncut.

IMGP3252

I will cut, drill and weld the mounting plate today. I need to buy the lug nuts and some metal cutting blades for my jig saw to continue. 

Patti and I are going to the cabin tomorrow (Saturday) and won’t be home until Tuesday.

I’ll finish the tire carrier project next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment