Thursday, October 13, 2011

10-13-11

Patti and I got home from the cabin yesterday afternoon.

We went up to Ukiah on Friday and watched Harvey’s team (The Santa Rosa High School Panthers) play the Ukiah High School team. The panther JV’s were victorious again, 13-6. They are now 4&1, not bad.

DSCF0240  

After the game we headed over Highway 253 from Ukiah to the cabin.  As I said last time I didn’t plan on doing much work while we were there.

I did however, add a work surface in the cooking area of the tool shed.

DSCF0242

DSCF0245

Monday morning around 5:00 it started to rain and kept it up all day. It came down rather heavy at times.

DSCF0259

Some time in the afternoon I decided that it would be a good day to do some road work so I threw some tools in the jeep and started up the road. I drained a lot puddles and made some ditches to get the water off the road. By the time I got to the gate I was soaked through but the road was draining much better.

We cut some firewood Tuesday morning. I finally got around to finishing the clean up of the tree that fell across the road when Bob was up here earlier this summer.

Some of the pieces were bigger than the door on the stove so I had to do a little splitting.

DSCF0264

Patti stacked the wood.

DSCF0266

DSCF0271

We ended up with about four days supply of firewood. I have a lot more work to do!

DSCF0278

While we were staking the wood I noticed this little toad in the pile.

DSCF0249

The rest of the time we just hung out and enjoyed the cabin. Patti sat in the sun when possible and read her book.

DSCF0255

Okay that’s it for now.

This week is going to be kind of boring.  We have a health insurance meeting tomorrow and I have more doctor appointments next week. I am ok, it is just routine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment