Friday, November 23, 2018

Happy Thanksgiving.


Cooking Thanksgiving Dinner.

Cheryl asked if I would make some Nopalitos  (A pork stew with cactus) for Thanksgiving dinner. Never one to miss a chance to have Nopalitos, I said I would be happy to make them.

Here is everything cut up and the meat is cooking.

IMG_3969

Here is the Napolitos cooked.

IMG_3970

Thanksgiving Dinner.

Around 2:30 we walked over to Cheryl and Dennis’s with the Napolitos and our drinks.

Cheryl made a Chile Relleno Casserole, a salad and two deserts; a Cranberry Pie and Pumpkin Bars.
It was all great.

Here is the table set.

20181122_150257

Our neighbor, Dick was also there. He is the guy we are buying the property from.

Here we are at dinner. Patti is missing as she is taking the picture.

20181122_150639

We had a great Thanksgiving dinner and went home around 7:00, full and sleepy. I don’t think there is any Tryptophan in Napolitos, just cactus, meat, onions, tomatoes, garlic and olives. 

I gave up and went to bed around 9:15.

Okay, that was our Thanksgiving dinner. It was very good. I hope yours was too.

No comments:

Post a Comment