Thursday, August 1, 2013

08-01-13 and Patti’s trip to Oregon

Yesterday morning, I sanded the patch on the bathtub in the RV. It looks good. I hope it lasts. Only time will tell.

The new dryer was delivered around noon and the old one is gone.

After the fog burned off I decided to to wash the motor home. I was going to calk the the plastic dome over the shower but found that it had a lot of cracks in it.
Today I am going to Marlo’s RV repair to see if they can replace the dome.

_________________________________________

Patti’s trip to Oregon.

Hi, this is Patti.

On the 21st of July, my daughter, Dina, and her son (our grandson), Harvey and I

DSCF4973

drove to Redmond, Oregon.

We left Santa Rosa at 5:25 AM and arrived at Samantha’s apartment in Redmond at 3:10 PM the same day.

The main reason for this trip was to get all three cousins, Samantha, Harvey and Johnathen, together since they hadn’t seen each other in 4 years. Samantha is our granddaughter who lives in Redmond along with her mother, my oldest daughter, Becki. Johnathen is Samantha’s brother, Becki’s son and our grandson who lives in Fairbanks, Alaska with his dad.


DSCF4985

We spent a lot of time visiting and taking pictures which the boys disliked. I was told “it’s their age”.

Harvey and Auntie Becki.

DSCF4980 

Johnathen and Auntie Dina.

DSCF4974

Samantha and Auntie Dina.

DSCF4976

Dina and Becki.

DSCF4979

The whole family minus Marty.

DSCF4990

While we were in Redmond, we celebrated Dina’s 40th birthday.

 DSCF5007

Dina, Harv and I left the next morning for Glendale, Oregon to visit with my sister, Kathi (Carol),  brother-in-law, Bob, their daughter, Anna-lee and her son, Lucas.

Kathi and Bob.

DSCF5028 

Dina and Anna-lee.

DSCF5024 

Lucas and Dina.

DSCF5010

Unfortunately Dina, Harv and I had to leave for home the next morning. We left Glendale on Thursday morning around 7:30 and arrived back in Santa Rosa around 5 PM. It was a wonderful trip but just to damn short.

As you have more than likely heard in the news that Glendale is on fire. Fortunately Kathi and Bob live about 6 miles from the fire. They are ready to leave if necessary. Keep your fingers crossed!


No comments:

Post a Comment